Nolan uPVC Limited is committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you engage with our website, contact us about our products and services or place an order. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and submit reviews. We only collect information that is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Job title, marital status, employment details (if applying for finance)
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- Your IP address
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- Cookies, Pixels (for more information please see our cookies policy)
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our office
- Any information within correspondence you send to us
How do we use the information about you?
Nolan uPVC will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected.
We collect information about you when you contact us about our products and services, to process your order and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
We use your information collected from the website to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information, which are listed below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about our products and services, offers, promotions, events or with information that we think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details given below or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
Where you have placed an order with us for our products and services, we may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your order with us.
Our products and services come with a 10 year guarantee from the date the goods are supplied to you (supply only) or from the date the goods are installed (supply & fit). We may need to use and process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our guarantee with you.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interest as a business to do so.
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us, for example appointment requests, brochure requests, quotation requests, service requests, reviews or complaints.
- To process feedback from you on our products and services through our customer satisfaction survey provided by us to you once your installation is complete.
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, or requested a brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details given below.
- To administer competitions, offers and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
How do we share this information?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information, if you agree, to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
If we have a relationship with you, for example you are a customer that has placed an order with us for our products or services, we hold your personal information for ten years from the date the goods are supplied to you (supply only) or from the date the goods are installed (supply & fit). We hold your personal information for this period to enable us to fulfil the terms of our 10 year guarantee with you.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, brochure or quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 1 year from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you, for example you purchase our products or services. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you, and for the purposes of providing a quotation to fulfil our terms of validity.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
How can I manage the information you hold about me?
You have the right as an individual to access the personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. We will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further ‘How do we use the information about you’;
- Object to our use of your information (where we reply on our legitimate interest to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interest to use your personal information for marketing purposes we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
Our Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information.
Types of cookies and why we use them
Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our website. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, and pages viewed. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations, such as advertisers.
Cookies we set
We use Google Analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the website to evaluate and develop our website. This is known as ‘digital analytics’. To opt out of being tracked via Google Analytics, you can also use Google’s opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use the Facebook Pixel to measure ad conversions and retarget advertisements on Facebook and other advertising networks.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
How to contact us
You can exercise your right to manage your personal information by contacting us using the details below:
Post: Nolan uPVC Customer Care, Unit 1 St Ivel, Llanstephan Road, Johnstown, Carmarthen SA31 3BP
Phone: 01267 223700
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator in the UK:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: 0303 123 1113